Thursday, August 19, 2004

Waiting on Deck

It promises to be a most forgettable week at the box office. As for me and my kin, we'll be heading out to a live performance of the musical Chicago. Considering what's out there, I'd suggest you look for something along the same lines. But in case you're a glutton for punishment, or just have nothing better to do, here's what's coming to a theatre near you this weekend.

First up is Benji: Off the Leash. I can't say anything about this movie because I couldn't even find a movie poster. I never even liked the original Benji when I was kid, why on earth would I want to subject my child to a horrible sequel... that's not even worthy of a movie poster of its own!


The Exorcist: The Beginning (R)
Starring:
Stellan Skarsgaard, James D'Arcy, and Izabella Scorupco
Directed by: Renny Harlin

Aside form Stellan Skarsgaard, nothing about this flick looks remotely appealing to me in any way. Why can't we just let the classics be the classics they are?

Without a Paddle (PG-13)
Starring:
Seth Green, Matthew Lillard, and Dax Shepard
Directed by: Steven Brill

Undoubtedly this flick should be rated R. I don't even have to watch it to tell you that this flick should be rated R because if you put Seth Green and Matthew Lillard together you have to make the film rated R, otherwise you're just dumbing it down to try and get the teenagers in the audience. Oh! That's what's going on here. I was so confused. I predict this flick will be a complete waste of comedic talent! Lillard and Green are brilliant but this film certainly won't be reflective of their true talent.

Hero (PG-13)
Starring:
Jet Li and Ziyi Zhang
Directed by: Yimou Zhang

If you're luck enough to live in a big city, this movie might be worth a look. It is a limited release.

Open Water (R)
Starring: Blanchard Ryan, Daniel Travis, and Saul Stein
Directed and Written By: Chris Kentis

On the other hand, Open Water is now branching out heading to so-called "select cities." If you're fortunate to live in one of said "select cities" this might be worth your time and effort. The buzz is pretty high on this flick.

But since I'm not living in a so-called, said, "selected city" I'll just have to settle for that live performance of Chicago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home