Friday, June 10, 2005

Is this the return of The Bull?

Howdy, ya'll!

I'm hoping this post will mark my long-awaited return to blogging. Thanks for all those who drop me a line encourage me to continue. It's not that I haven't wanted to keep this up, but I've been working on my screenwriting these past two months and I think it just might pay off. But that's entirely in the Good Lord's hands.

I completed LDR, a romantic comedy I originally wrote over the course of a weekend after I found out my one of my ex-girlfriends (Kristen Zetsche Friend) had been diagnosed with her second brain tumor. The story is a tribute to her and while the main charcter is more of a composite character based several women from my past (including Wife), the story is inspired by and dedicated to Kristen. I had to finish it up in order to get it entered in this years festival circuit. We'll see how that goes. FYI--Kristen's tumor now appears to be gone! This is the second time she's come through and we thank God for that!

My good buddy Rick Owens starts shooting his feature Wide Open tonight! That's another project that has kept me sidetracked because I've been acting as a script consultant on his film. As usual, Rick's got a great story. I've simply lent him a couple of scenes, ideas, quips, and bits to use at his whim. I'm know it will all come together for him and I'll probably slip on over to Kermit and make like a dolly grip or key grip or best boy or gaffer, or something...

It also looks like we'll be shooting another screenply of mine entitled Coffee, Tea, or Me. I'm in the process of doing yet another rewrite, and we've yet to settle the details, but I verbally agreed to give a year option to a local producer and we've tenatively scheduled the shoot for next summer. I'll share more details about that in the future.

But thanks to all for still hanging around. We still get almost 200 unique visitors a week around here even without constant updates. Hopefully I can get settled in and devote more time here starting next week.

Have a great day and a super weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home