Friday, July 30, 2004

Hot off the Wire

Some news fit to reprint... and some that's not.

MGM is still keeping Bond to
themselves.

Michael Moore just
makes up whatever he wants. The interesting thing about this article is that it has not been picked up by most Associated Press outlets. I had to go directly to the source in order to find it at all. To alter the truth is unpardonable amongst journalist so why aren't they lining up to attack Moore?

One country that isn't picking on Moore is Cuba. In fact, they've invited his flick right into prime time. But I guess that's okay since he sang "God Bless America" on Jay Leno.
Ewan McGregor hasn't been working for the past few months and here's why. Do you even recognize the guy on the left? This is EZ Revenge of the Sith Rider. That's Obi Wan Kenobi! I don't think Obi Wan would have ever lost to Darth Vadar if he hadn't been smokin' the reefer. Am I right?

Ben Affleck waxed political in a delicate way with Bill O'Reily the same night Moore got his booty whipped on O'Reily's show. (Click on "O'Reily vs. Moore" on the right hand column for the interview.)

Derek Luke (Antwone Fisher and Spartan) is joining up with the Texas Western flick. Look for him in my hometown non-favorite coming to a theatre near you--Friday Night Lights. He'll be playing Boobie.

Speaking of Friday Night Lights, Billy Bob Thorton has a new gig. Of course, Billy Bob will be playing one of my favorite people on earth in FNL, Gary Gaines. Gaines gave me a bit of encouragement the summer before my junior year of high school that I've never forgotten. In fact it carried me through a miserable junior season right into my senior year of football. That's when Gaines beat out Ken Herring by one school board vote to become Permian's head coach. Herring wound up coaching me at Fort Stockton my senior year of high school. The story of FNL takes place the year after I graduated from High School. Here's the trailer for this film: FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS and it is set for an October 15th release.

I can't wait for that flick. This will mark the first time I've actually known people that are portrayed on film. I'm sure Billy Bob has done Gaines justice and I know Luke will do a good job with Boobie. More on all this as the movie nears release.

Went to see The Village today. Review to follow!


2 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for offering this great service to learn about alarm astra car. I have a website about alarm astra car which makes me very interested in what you have going here. I think I am going to start up my own blog so I can spread the news! Thanks you are offering this great service!

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog about wholesale bead. I also have a Blog/Website about wholesale bead which is why I enjoyed this blog so much. Keep up the excellent work! Check out my site if you have a moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home