Wednesday, September 22, 2004

A 5-4-3 Double Play

Forgive. This is the second time I've had to write this. I hit spell check earlier today and it completely locked up, wiping out everything I'd done for the day. I tell you, it is so heartbreaking when that happens. Regardless, I'll try my very best to recreate the fine piece work I finished before.

I have a couple of Star Wars articles to share with you.
The first appeared in USA Today and contains quite a bit of trivia. The second comes is a pretty good article based on interviews with the cast from the AP wire.

Ashton Kutchner and Bernie Mac will appear
together in the forthcoming remake of Guess Who's Coming to Diner with a racial switcheroo.

Speaking of ethnicity... Shark Tale keeps
taking flak over its portrayal of Italian Americans. Just where were all these critics when The Godfather Part III came out? Or Goodfellas for that matter. Where were they when for the Animaniacs "Goodfeathers'? Its just a crazy, kooky mixed-up PC world.

On a lighter note, Ben Affleck will be
hosting the season premiere of Saturday Nigh Live on October 2.

Mel Gibson will get his
props from the Hollywood Film Festival as Hollywood's Producer of the Year honoree.

Of course, the big news over the past week has been the arrest of Macaulay Culkin. Just look at that mugshot! I can just hear him thinking, "Finally! I had to come all the way to Oklahoma just to get busted so I can ditch the kiddy image once and for all! Now I can have a real career." Am I right? He seems just pleased-as-punch to have been nabbed.

But since I am so shallow, the big news for me is the announcement of the cast for The Fantastic Four, in particular that of Jessica Alba. I must say she is certainly making better decisions for herself. Sin City and The Fantastic Four are certainly a cut-above Honey. Who knows what she was thinking when she took that potential career-killing role.

AND THAT'S A 5-4-3 DOUBLE PLAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home