Monday, September 20, 2004

Home Town Thoughts



Here's a quick side-by-side comparison of the new poster for Friday Night Lights and the original book cover. I knew that the poster was just going for the essence of the shot but this will let you see just how many differences there really are. One problem here is that they had the astroturf at Ratliff Stadium replaced with synthetic grass. This change was made not too long ago and since they used Ratliff and the brand new Grande Communications Stadium over in Midland to film scenes for the movie there will be a giant whole in the 1989 setting. From there the other variations are plain to see.

Living in West Texas most of my life I couldn't help but notice a profound shift in attitude around these parts so I'm going to start investigating a few things surrounding this film. Here is a
site that details the hard feelings still felt by most of my home town residents just five years ago. However, when the film crews rolled into town everybody just seemed as happy as could be about their presence here in Odessa.

There's more to say here but I think I'll just save it for a later date because I have a deadline today for another article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home