Sunday, January 09, 2005

A Brand New Year, A Brand New Week, A Brand New Journal, A Brand New Blog

A brand new week begins today and I gotta tell ya', I'm excited about it! Today is the end of something that's been a wonderful part of my life for half a decade, but it is also the beginning of something entirely new. I don't know what that something is just yet, but whatever God has in store my family, I'm sure it's gonna be great!

Yep, I'm looking for a new gig these days. Hopefully I'll get something soon. I do think that since all the stressful and taxing situations from my last one are now a thing of the past I will be able to get serious about this blog again.


Here are the goals for 2005:

  1. To purchase our own domain name and construct a custom web site that will always be THE place for movie reviews, news and commentary.
  2. To provide you with additional writers and contributors that will broaden our coverage.
  3. To continue to bring you film reviews using Bull Durham's copyrighted rating system.
  4. To offer a place to find links to other important web sites, especially those that are dedicated to film and filmmaking.
  5. To keep you informed on all the latest movie news.
  6. To give added attention to the growing film business out here in West Texas.
  7. To share news about The Desert Reel Film Festival and The Basin Film Society.
  8. To eclipse a total of 50 film reviews and garner our credentials as part of the legitimate press community out here in West Texas.
  9. To become a fully self-sufficient entity--we want The Hot Corner to be able to pay for itself.
  10. To sell a screenplay and/or make a flick on my own--but that's for another set of goals, isn't it? lol

Regardless of what the future holds for me, even if I have to take a job at Taco Bell, I know that it's going to be a great year and that Bull Durham's Hot Corner will once again receive the (almost) daily attention it so richly deserves.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home