Thursday, December 16, 2004

Idle Threats

Okay! I'll admit it! My promise to return to blogging has become an idle threat. At this point, I'm going to set a goal for my full return next week. It's been hard catching up with things since I got back into town.

But I do have some Permian Basin Movie News!

I have a good reason for blowing off the blog last week. I was working on another draft of one of my screenplays last week. It's called LDR. (I won't elaborate on what that means because you can't copyright a title and I don't want somebody taking my idea.) Of course, I've written nine screenplays so far so what's the big deal, right? Well, all but a few of them are still in rough draft or first draft form. LDR is now just a final proof away from copyright and registration.

The Desert Reel Film Festival has extended its deadline for entries to January 17th. If you know of any independent filmmakers out there let them know about us. We really want to double the amount of entries we've received so far.

A friend has officially completed his film called The Minds Eye. In fact, it was the fact that he actually completed his film that got me rolling again on my screenplay last week. Go check it out at his web site.

Tonight I will be attending the premiere of another local flick called Unnoticed. I'm looking forward to being a part of this event because it truly is my first invite to a premiere as a critic and it came directly from the director, Sean Stringer. I hope to report on this even in the near future.

Have a great one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home