Friday, November 19, 2004

The Starting Lineup

At a theatre near you starting this afternoon!


Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (R)
Starring: Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth, and Hugh Grant
Director: Beeban Kidron

I mean really! What's the point here? Merely to showcase Zellweger's improved Brit accent? Same plot different diary. Or so I am told. Unfortunately, the wife will never let this one slip by without dragging me along for the ride. I'm sure it is a funny film considering the cast, but it certainly offends my pocket book and my sensibilities that part two comes along with the same love triangle that should have been resolved in the snowy streets of London so long ago.


National Treasure (PG-13)
Starring: Nicolas Cage, Diane Kruger, and Sean Bean
Director: Jon Turteltaub

This ain't a banner weekend for movies. While National Treasure might very well be the second coming of Indiana Jones (somehow I doubt it) I couldn't care less because every movie I went to see at the theatres, every video I rented, and every movie a bought in the last two years had the trailer for this film attached to it. I can even quote the film already. "Did Big Foot take it?" The Marketing Army has carpet bombed my peaceful territory and I'll be darned if I'll ever pay big bucks to see this film!


The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (PG)
Starring: Tom Kenny, Alec Baldwin, and Bill Fagerbakke
Director: Stephen Hillenburg and Sherm Cohen

Words cannot even begin to describe my disdain for SpongeBob, Nick, and all the wretched "cartoons" they crank out. I realize SpongeBob is a bit of a cult phenomenon, but my daughter isn't even allowed to watch Nick so why would I take her to see this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home