Monday, January 10, 2005

A 5-4-3 Double Play

Let's see... what could we talk about today besides the fact that Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston split the sheets?

Well, Electra is but four days away from a theatre near you. I say near you simply because I won't be able to afford it when it arrives at that theatre near me since I'm out of a job. More's the pity.

Or, we could try and decipher the message behind the People's Choice Awards last night that saw both Fahrenheit 9/11 and The Passion win big. It's just a red and blue world these days and just what will Moore's People's Party Award do for him in Oscar's backyard?

Jack's back serving President and Country and punctual as ever, clocking in at 7:00AM. Jack is the "Michael Corleone" of television in that "he tries to get out, but they keep pulling [him]back in." Poor guy. Why don't they just let him be a philandering grandfather? Oh, well. It all be resolved in 24 short hours.

I should mention that I haven't even seen two of the biggest Oscar hopefuls, Sideways and The Aviator, which is nothing short of a sin because the latter is a Kate Beckinsale flick and you all know how I feel about here.

Oh, speaking of Beckinsale, maybe we should just catch up on old news.

Or, maybe I should just try to get somebody to explain to me like I'm a three year-old how Meet the Fockers could rule the box office three weeks in a row. That's practically unheard of for any film these days, much less a comedy. I must be missing something.

Or, perhaps I should just shut up and work on tomorrow's new releases, which includes another Kate Beckinsale flick. Yeah. That's precisely what I will do.



And That's a 5-4-3 Double Play!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home