Tuesday, September 07, 2004

An Update from The Texas League

Thought I'd give everybody an update. The past week has been a bit of whirlwind 'round here. I stayed up late last night to give Lee Wilson, my editor at Grace Centered Magazine a new review for this week. I enjoyed watching Napoleon Dynamite so much I didn't mind writing about it one bit, I only wished I'd gotten to see it sooner. For some reason its easier to write about movies that are either really good or really bad. It's the stuff in between that gets pretty difficult.

We also launched a new church blog for Terrace Hills. The story behind this is long and painful. We used to just have this brilliant web site and we were getting over 30,000 hits a month! Each month we were setting a new standard, but alas the dirty rats at SBC decided they were no longer going to provide customer service for folks that used my particular brand of software any more. Forget the fact that they had bought out the company that had done so previously, they just refused to live up to their end of the bargain. Oh, they gladly kept taking my money but I couldn't update the web site any longer about which they showed absolutely no remorse and even less compassion.

A couple of months went by. I continued with them in spite of the fact I could not alter the site any more. Suddenly, I could no longer send email via our address. They said the problem was on my end and wouldn't lift a finger to rectify the situation. Like I said, SBC is a bunch of dirty rats! I'd finally had enough and decided they weren't getting another dime from me. I couldn't update my web site and I couldn't send Email anymore, so what was the point.

In hindsight that was perhaps a mistake because we just haven't been able to build a new since that time. Furthermore, they've taken all our old pages and turned them into adds for male enhancement.

So there you go--the short version as to why I finally made a blog for our congregation.

But another interesting thing happened last week. It seems I was discovered by this cat who is starting a new magazine next month. So, I embarked on writing an article for him that I assume is due some time in the next week or so. Needless to say I've been working on this as well and I'll share more information about this with you in the future.

And just a reminder for those of you out there that may feel behooved to poke fun at my spelling and grammar from time to time, or, if you think my errors show a lack of intelligence of something... I ask only that you
remember the following:

1. This blog is a hobby. It's something I do for fun and maybe along the way a few more folks will start to take notice of me and my talents.

2. I have dyslexia. Now... Referring back to number one you will probably come to realize that I just don't have time to proof everything on this blog the way I do the things I send off for publication.

3. I have dyslexia. I couldn't come up with a third thing here so I figured number 2 was so important it ought to be stated all over again!

We're up to a couple dozen hits a day now! Thanks for coming, stick around for more, and tell all your friends about us! Maybe one of these days I can start making a buck or two off this blog.

That's all for now from The Texas League!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home