Monday, September 27, 2004

Weekend Sweep

I can't seem to remember what movie raked in the dough over the weekend. I keep trying to think of what it could possibly be but the thought escapes me. I just can't put my finger on it! All I know is that it didn't have Katie Holmes in it, which is a shame. Sky Captain held on to second place after a giant tailspin. Mr. 3000 kept swinging and Resident Evil: Apocalypse held Katie and First Daughter back in fifth place.

Star Wars sold like hotcakes last week on DVD. No surprise there.

Kevin Costner got hitched for a second time over the weekend. I guess he figured it was time to give away another small-fortune.

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have been dating for some time now but don't expect this to become Bennifer Part Deux. (Sorry. Been sitting on that one for a while.)

Since Shaun still isn't at a theatre near me, here's a little review. By the way, it performed very well in limited release last week so I'm sure it will make its way SLOWLY to West Texas.

Here's an interview with Michael Sheen (Underworld) that shows he's much more than Kate Beckinsale's ex. Actually, we knew that already but what a lucky guy. I wouldn't mind being her ex-boyfriend either.

Speaking of Beckinsale, this article mentions The Aviator and has pictures comparing the actresses to their real-life counterparts. Beckinsale to Ava Gardner and Cate Blanchett to Katherine Hepburn. Also note Jude Law to Errol Flynn. But here's one you can try on your own--Anthony Perkins in Psycho to Collin Farrell, especially note the scene where he says, "We all go a little mad sometimes."

For all-things Beckinsale, visit this top-notch fan site.

Kinda old news now but Tracey Gold of Growing Pains fame was charged with DUI.

James Garner, one of my favorite actors of all-time, will be receiving a SAG award.

Finally, Episode III promises to be something different for Lucas and company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home